It would seem that sweating is a natural physiological phenomenon, the body’s response to an increase in body temperature. But for many people, it becomes real stress. Today, there is a rich selection of antiperspirants and deodorants, new medical methods of treatment appear every year.
How to get rid of hyperhidrosis?
You can treat excessive sweating by using the following methods:
- non-surgical – iontophoresis and therapeutic deodorants;
- minimally invasive – botulinum toxin;
- invasive – laser, curettage, sympathectomy.
Treatment begins from simple to complex – from antiperspirants to surgery, in the absence of results from previous methods, methods and drugs.
- Therapeutic deodorants. They are applied to the armpits, hands, feet and even the face. They act like cosmetic products but contain a higher concentration of active components. Use deodorants 30 minutes after a shower before bedtime on completely dry skin. It is important to carefully follow the instructions for use, otherwise, you can notice irritations and rashes of an allergic nature. It is forbidden to use such deodorants after depilation;
- Iontophoresis. During the procedure, the patient immerses the problem areas in a bath of water, to which a low voltage current generator is connected. A positive result is achieved after 8-10 procedures. If the problem returns, iontophoresis is repeated according to the previous scheme. Procedures are prohibited during pregnancy, heart problems, epilepsy and the presence of metal implants in the body;
- Botulinum toxin. Rejuvenation injections are very popular. They are injected intradermally, which allows you to block the impulses transmitted from the nerves to the sweat glands, as a result of which sweating is minimized. The effect of the procedure lasts up to six months. Rejuvenation injections are contraindicated for patients with myasthenia gravis, acute infectious diseases, pregnancy and under 16 years of age;
- Curettage. During this surgical method, sweat glands are mechanically destroyed. For this, a special device is used – a curette. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. The effect lasts up to six months, after which renewed glands are formed. They will be producing less sweat;
- Laser. This is the most modern treatment technique. Sweat glands are destroyed by a laser beam. Recovery is fast. The laser treatment provides a lasting effect.
Prevention methods and home treatment
With hyperhidrosis, you need to monitor your personal hygiene
You can reduce excessive sweating at home, enhancing the effectiveness of the methods and remedies used. Just follow some preventive measures:
- Diet. Eating hot, spicy foods, strong teas and coffee, chocolate and cocoa contributes to increased sweating. These products should be excluded from the diet or at least limited;
- Loose clothes made from natural fabrics. Synthetic materials, like tight-fitting or tight clothing, prevent the skin from breathing. Launched by the lack of oxygen, the sweat glands begin to produce excessive amounts of sweat;
- Daily change of underwear, tights, sock;
- Personal hygiene. A person should take a contrast shower at least 2 times a day;
- Antiperspirants. Apply them to clean, dry skin without damage. It is not recommended to use them immediately after a shower or bath. Deodorant on steamed moist skin becomes a medium for the development of microorganisms that increase the amount of sweat and enhance its smell;
- Quitting smoking and alcohol. Both bad habits exacerbate the problem with local hyperhidrosis.
Treatment with home methods only will not give a result. A set of measures is needed. A visit to a specialist will allow you to quickly cope with the problem.
What doctors can help you?
Hyperhidrosis is a problem, which should be discussed with the following specialists:
- Dermatologist. The problem manifests itself through the skin, regardless of where the main site is localized. And the sweat glands themselves are located in the epidermis;
- TB specialist. Often the disease is directly related to tuberculosis. Treatment of the root cause will remove its unpleasant symptom – sweating;
- Endocrinologist. It is necessary to consult this doctor if the patient has diabetes;
- Neurologist. This doctor will help to cope with increased irritability, fear of communication and people, nervousness. These causes become the stumbling block of local hyperhidrosis;
- Oncologist. A tumor is one of the causes of sweating;
- Cardiologist. In the absence of problems with the above specialists and their activities, you need to check the heart.
Hyperhidrosis is common in a large number of disorders and diseases of various nature. Each of the diseases is treated by a specialist. The patient should consult a doctor in a timely manner, especially if home treatment or one or more methods do not give a positive result.